Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, NY
B.F.A., magna cum laude in Medical Illustration
Relevant courses taken: Anatomic illustration, Surgical illustration, Human gross anatomy, 2D animation, 3D modeling & animation, Zoological & Botanical illustration, Web design, 2D design, 3D design, Interactive Media, Biology, Human biology, Medical genetics, Medical terminology
+ Jul 2014 – Present
Summer Research Student
Center for Vascular Biology Research at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
+ Jul 2014 – Present
Clients: www.jaminetlab.com; Joy By Emily, LLC and www.joybyemily.com
communicated with the clients; designed and developed the websites.
+ Jun 2011 – Present
Freelance graphic designer
Perfect Health Diet
• Worked closely with the author of Perfect Health Diet to design vector-based logos, advertising and marketing materials for the website; created food plate illustrations for Perfect Health Diet in various languages; designed illustration of cells and grain using photoshop for 1st edtion of Perfect Health Diet book; designed customized cups, apron and t-shirts for Perfect Health Diet.
• Responsibilities included photography with Digital SLR cameras and photo editing with Photoshop for 2nd Edition of Perfect Health Diet book.
+Sep 2013 – April 2014
RITZ Sports Zone, Rochester Institute of Technology
Prepared and served meals to customers; maintained a clean work environment to ensure good quality of foods.
+ Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, Dreamweaver, Acrobat)
+ Autodesk Maya
+ Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
+ Competent in both Mac and PC operating systems and Nikon photo equipments.
+ Korean : native language
+ English : fluent
+ Laboratory Skills :
• DNA extraction and Gel Electrophoresis
• cDNA preparation and quantitative real-time PCR
• Immunofluorescence staining of cells and animal tissue sections
• Fluorescence microscopy and 3D imaging
• Mouse retina whole mount staining; mouse intraperitoneal injections and retina dissection
+ Dean’s list every semester Fall 2010 through Spring 2014
+ Artwork displayed during Imagine RIT in 2011 and 2012
+ Gold Key, Portfolio and Honorable Mention, Art, 2010 Boston Globe Scholastic Art Award
+ Finalist, Student Art Contest, Arisia 2010
I am enthusiastic, happy, hard-working and eager to help! :)
I graduated from Rochester Institute of Technology in May 2014 with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Medical Illustration. I mostly use software such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Maya and After Effects. I am capable of creating artwork based on both digital and contemporary media and am always enthusiastic about learning new things.